Nutrition and diet regards to improve athletic performance is called as sport nutrition. It is enriched with nutrients like vitamins & minerals and organic substances which consist of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Energy drinks, sports drinks, sports food and supplements are sport nutrition products developed for bodybuilders, athletes and sports persons to enhance the health, muscle power and improve performance. The vital role is to replenish the water level in body.
Rise in number of health clubs and fitness centers, growing number of lifestyle users and recreational users are expected to witness healthy growth opportunities. Furthermore, rise in awareness regarding benefits of protein diet for sports, increase the awareness regarding health concerns, middle age people participating in sports and indulging in fitness activities are other factors expected to fuel growth of sports nutrition market across the globe. However, misleading claims and false perceptions about the products, availability of counterfeit products are major restraints of sports nutrition market.
The Global Sports Nutrition Market is classified on the basis of type, distribution channel, and geographical regions.
Based on type,
- Energy Drinks
- Capsules and Tablets
Based on distribution channel,
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Specialty Stores
- Fitness Stores
This Market is anticipated to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period due to surge in demand for sports nutrition from sportspersons and athletes. Rising competition among players due to new entrants, consumer inclination towards innovative products with additional nutritional benefits, availability of new flavours is expected to increase market share. Market players are focused on new product developments, acquisitions and mergers, agreements and collaborations, partnerships in order to strengthen their presence in the market. For instance, Pepsico reformulated its existing products in sports nutrition by reducing salt, fat and sugar content, Nestle India has launched MILO READY TO DRINK for kids and Garden of Life entered into sports nutrition market by launching Garden of Life SPORT.
This Market is segmented as Latin America, North America, Asia-Pacific, The Middle East & Africa and Europe. North America is anticipated to hold largest revenue share in sports nutrition market followed by Europe owing to rising adoption of healthy lifestyles, presence of well-developed infrastructure for fitness and athletics, high disposable incomes of consumers. Asia-Pacific is anticipated as the rapidly growing market for sports and nutrition products owing to the rise in disposable incomes, rapid lifestyle changes, rise in adoption of sports nutrition products.
Some of the players in sports nutrition market Abbott Nutrition Inc., The Coca-Cola Company, PepsiCo Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Glanbia Plc., Yakult Honsha Co Ltd, Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Atlantic Multipower UK Limited, Olimp Laboratories, PowerBar Europe GmbH and Ultimate Nutrition Inc.
- In May 2017, Friesland Campina launched a new range of Vifit high protein sports nutrition products.
- In Feb 2017, Fonterra’s dairy ingredients business introduced new whey protein ingredient for sports nutrition.
Key Features of the Report
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, and forecast from 2020 – 2026
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, key findings, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, challenges, and trends that are currently faced by the industry
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and start-up’s details that are working in the industry
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario