Global Super Absorbent Polymers Market
Global super absorbent polymers market report provide a comprehensive outlook on super absorbent polymers worldwide with specific focus on key region such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and MEA. The report on global super absorbent polymers market gives historical, current and future market size (US$ Mn) on the basis of type, application, production method, and geography. This study analyses the global super absorbent polymers market dynamics in a detailed manner to identify current trends and drivers, growth opportunities and potential challenges to the key stakeholders in the operating market. In addition, PBI has analyzed the global market to better equip customers with possible investment opportunities across region and consumer unmet needs.
Global Super Absorbent Polymers Market:
The market for super absorbent polymers is expected to rise from US$ 9.3 billion in 2019 to US$ 13.0 billion by 2026, with a CAGR of 7.4%. The factors contributing to the growth of the super absorbent polymer market include population growth in countries such as China, India, Africa, and others, growing the popularity of diaper pants, and rising consumer awareness of the hygiene of infants. Moreover, the market is also guided by rises in the use of super absorbent polymers in agricultural applications. In addition, in countries such as Japan, Italy, Finland, Greece and others, the high number of aged populations is driving the penetration of adult diapers in these countries, further boosting market growth. However, uncertainty in raw material prices and non-biodegradable synthetic super absorbent polymer characteristics are some of the major factors that are expected to impede the growth of the super absorbent polymer industry.
Increasing demand for adult incontinence products anticipated bolstering market growth:
The 60+ age group in the U.S. and Canada is projected to hold 36.2% and 43% of the total population by 2050, respectively, according to a study published by the United Nations World Population Prospects. In 2015, 24.5% and 26.5% of the total population were in the 60 + age group in the U.S. and Canada. The demand for incontinence products, which is expected to drive the demand for super absorbent polymers (SAPs) in the coming years, is therefore strong. In comparison, compared to baby diapers, the amount of SAP needed for incontinence products is high, as these require high absorbency under load. The demand for super absorbent polymer products with improved capacity to absorb water is therefore growing. Demand for adult incontinence products is on the rise and attractive market opportunities are expected to open up, especially within mature economies.
APAC is estimated to be the largest market during the forecast period:
APAC is the largest market for super absorbent polymers and it is predicted that this development will continue until 2026. During the forecast era, the area is also expected to rise the fastest. In the region, China accounted for the largest market, followed in 2018 by Japan, South Korea and India. The rising population and increasing knowledge of personal hygiene in the area are responsible for a large part of the growth in demand for SAP in the area. The penetration in this area of personal hygiene products such as baby diapers, incontinence products for adults and sanitary napkins is relatively poor. Therefore, in APAC, there is a tremendous opportunity for the growth of this sector.
Key players profile in the market include-
- Nippon Shokubai
- LG Chem
- SDP Global
- Yixing Danson
- Satellite Science & Technology Co. Ltd.
- Kao Corporation
- In October 2018, Nippon Shokubai expanded its superabsorbent polymers production capacity in its manufacturing facility at Zwijndrecht, Netherlands. This new plant has a capacity of 100,000 tons per year.
- In April 2017, Evonik launched a new high-performance superabsorbent, ‘FAVOR max.’ This new superabsorbent has unique properties, which make baby diapers and incontinence products even more absorbent and reliable.
Key findings of report:
- Global super absorbent polymers market expanding at significant CAGR over 2020 to 2026 owing to increased popularity of diaper pants.
- Asia-Pacific accounted for larger share of market revenue based on the region and projected a gain in market revenue over a forecast period.
- Players focusing on innovation of technologies and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global market.
Key features of the report:
- The report provides granular level information about market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026).
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market.
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market.
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies.
- Sodium Polyacrylate
- Polyacrylamide Copolymer
- Ethylene Maleic Anhydride Copolymer
- Polyvinyl Alcohol
- Polyitaconic Acid
- Personal Care
- Adult Incontinence Products
- Sanitary Napkins
- Baby Diapers
- Nappy Pads
- Urinary Bag
- Wound Dressing
- Medical Waste Solidification
- Superabsorbent Mat
- Agriculture & Horticulture
- Seed Coating
- Root Dipping
- Soil Broadcasting
- Flower Beds
- Ornamental Gardens
- Oil & Gas
- Construction &Manufacturing
- Military &Defense
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of SA
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA