Global Surface Protection Film Market Report Description:
Global surface protection film market report gives comprehensive outlook on surface protection film across the globe with special emphasis on key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. The report on global surface protection film market gives historical, current, and future market sizes (US$ Mn) on the basis of product type, end user, and region. This report studies global surface protection film market dynamics elaborately to identify the current trends & drivers, future opportunities and possible challenges to the key stakeholders operating in the market. In addition, global surface protection film market report includes human demographics; regulatory scenario, and competition analysis with vividly illustrated the competition dashboard to assess the market competition. Moreover, PBI analyzed global market to better equip clients with possible investment opportunities across the regions (regional Investment Hot-Spots) and market unmet needs (Product Opportunities). Key stakeholders of the global market report include suppliers, manufacturers, marketers, policy makers, and service providers engaged in global surface protection film.
Global Surface Protection Film Market:
The global surface protection film market is expected to be valued at US$ 1,846.3 Mn in 2019 and growing at a CAGR of 4.6% over the forecast period to reach US$ 2,578.3 Mn by 2026 owing to rising construction activities coupled with growing demand for surface protection films in electronic and hand-held devices are expected to drive the growth of the market over the forecast years. Moreover, rising focus on infrastructure improvements in various sector coupled with rising disposable income are expected to fuel the growth of the market. Furthermore, renovations in residential spaces and interior designing’s are anticipated to boost the growth of the market over the forecast years. However, negative impact of chemicals and issues related to surface protection films are the major factors hampering the growth of the market over the future years
Product Innovations and Launch of Cost-effective Products
Market players focus on innovating their product lines in tandem with additional features to cater wide array of applications, which are expected to create significant opportunities for the company in forecast years and expand the product portfolio of the company.
- For instance, in July 2018, Pregis has introduced a cost-effective, temporary surface protection film specifically designed for new generation, fingerprint-resistant or specialty coated products
- For instance, Dow Corning’s has manufactured silicone-enabled protective film solutions, especially for the flourishing electronic devices industry
Moreover, rising demand for substrates and expansion of automation industry coupled with the increasing application of adhesion laminated surface protection films are expected to create significant opportunities over the forecast years.
North America dominates the market share in the global surface protection film market
North America contributed approximately 40.1% of revenue followed by Europe, and Asia Pacific. In 2019, North America region accounted US$ 744.6 Mn and is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 5.0% over the forecast years owing to huge consumer base and rising renovation activities in the region. Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow with highest CAGR of around 6.3% over the forecast period owing to increasing urbanization coupled with rising disposable incomes and more interest in interior designing activities in the region. Europe have significant share in the global surface protection film market.
Key player’s profiles in the global surface protection film market include:
- Nitto Denko Corp
- Chargeurs S.A.
- Bubble Pacage Private Limited
- Tredegar Corporation
- Polifilm GmbH
- Surface Guard, Inc. (Pregis LLC.)
- ECOPLAST LTD.
- Market players have witnessed the strategic collaboration and acquisition to expand product portfolio and strengthen their position in the market to enhance the revenue of the company.
- For instance, In February 2017, Pregis has launched a new brand and business unit—SG PolyMask—to service a global market with its surface protection films, cohesive materials, and single-face corrugated products.
- In February 2018, Steel Partners Holdings has announced that it has completed the acquisition of assets of the specialty coated film manufacturer, Dunmore Corporation in the United States, and the share purchase of Dunmore Europe GmbH in Germany.
- In March 2020, Pregis has announced that it has acquired So.Pr.Ad. SRL (Soprad), Milan, Italy, a global provider of temporary protective films. Soprad’s products will be marketed under the Pregis’ PolyMask brand and will further reinforce its offerings to a growing global market.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Global surface protection film market expanding at significant CAGR over 2020 to 2026 owing to increasing demand for surface protection film products in various applications.
- Based on region, North America accounted for larger market revenue share in 2019 and projected gain market revenue share over the forecast period
- Players focusing on innovation of novel technologies and collaboration strategies to retain market position in global market
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market
By Product Type
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC)
By End User
- Construction & Interior
- Rest of Europe
- Australia & New Zealand
- ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA