Thyroid Cancer Treatment Market
Thyroid cancer is also known as papillary carcinoma. It is one of the most common type of cancer. Follicular cancer, medullary cancer and anaplastic cancer are different types of thyroid cancers. Thyroid carcinoma is asymptotic at beginning and progress with formation of nodule in thyroid. It is more common in women than men, the risk for thyroid cancer increases with age and often occurs before age 45. Exposure to radiation is second most important causing factor.
Market Dynamics: Thyroid Cancer Treatment Market
Growing prevalence and incidence of thyroid cancer expected to drive the thyroid cancer treatment market. For instance, in 2015, According to American Cancer Society (ACS), thyroid cancer accounts 47,230 in women and 15,220 in men in the U.S. Mortality rate of cancer is high in women than men. Increasing risk factors and excessive environmental exposure are expected to drive overall thyroid cancer treatment market. Social initiatives such as creating awareness and government intervention for raising funds and reimbursement policies for thyroid cancer treatment are expected to drive the market.
Market Scope: Thyroid Cancer Treatment Market
By Treatment Type
- Iodine Therapy
- Thyroxin Treatment
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Market Summary: Thyroid Cancer Treatment Market
Global thyroid cancer treatment market is expanding steadily due to rising prevalence of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism across the globe. Sedentary lifestyle, consistent increase in geriatric population and initiatives by key players in thyroid cancer treatment market to introduce innovative therapeutic options are key factors which are influencing thyroid cancer treatment market to grow significantly over the forecast period. Many generic drug manufacturers introduced generic drugs with low cost. 27 molecules which are in different stages of development in which four drugs are in Phase III and preregistration which are expected to get approval in next few years. FDA have been granted orphan drug status to Zactima, XL184, and Zybrestat.
Regional Analysis: Thyroid Cancer Treatment Market
Geographically thyroid cancer treatment market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to contribute maximum revenue share in global thyroid cancer treatment market. Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa region is expected to grow at higher rate over forecast period owing to high occurrence of thyroid cancer. In 2017 FDA has approved Cabozantinib-s-malate to treat medullary thyroid cancer.
Competition analysis: Thyroid Cancer Treatment Market
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Baxter International Inc.
- Alara Pharmaceutical Corporation
- Abbott laboratories
- Bristol Myers co.
- Teva parenteral medicines Inc.
- Jerome Stevens Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- App pharmaceuticals Inc.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market