Market Outline: Triple Negative Breast Cancer Diagnostics Market
Breast cancer is characterized by the abnormal multiplication of the breast cells that will form lumps that may be nonmalignant or malignant in nature. Breast cancer is a heterogeneous disease disease that can be sub divided into clinical, histo pathological and molecular subtypes. TNBC accounts almost 15% of all breast cancer cases and is characterized by tumors that do not express estrogen receptor (ER), progesterone receptor (PR) or over express human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2). TNBC is associated with a poor prognosis and a high risk of distant recurrence and death with in first 3-5 years of follow up.
Global Triple Negative Breast Cancer Diagnostics market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2020 to 2026.
The advent of the novel technologies in breast cancer diagnosis and prevalence of the breast cancer worldwide are driving the breast lesion localization methods market. According to TNBC foundation TNBC occurs in about 10-20% of diagnosed breast cancers and is more likely to affect younger people, African Americans, Hispanics and the people with BRCA 1gene mutation. In 2012, 1.7 Mn women were diagnosed with breast cancer and among them 521900 women died because of it globally. In addition, increase in awareness about the early detection of breast cancer due to the different awareness campaigns and initiatives were taken by respective government and nonprofit organizations such as Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, American Cancer Society, and World Health Organization (WHO) expected to boost the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Diagnostics market growth further. Moreover, favorable reimbursement policies in developed countries coupled with the rising demand for the better healthcare infrastructure globally projected to bolster the market growth over the forecast period. However, stringent regulatory approvals and high cost of the diagnosis, lack of awareness regarding TNBC anticipated to hamper the global market over the coming years.
Based on the type of test, the market is segmented into the following:
- Imaging Techniques
- Molecular Breast Imaging
- MRI –Scan
- Immunochemistry (IHC)
- FISH Test
- Blood Based Assay
- Breast Biopsy
Based on the end user, the market is segmented into the following:
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Based on the geographical regions, the market is segmented into the following:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
TNBC diagnostics market is growing at significant rates owing to the rise in prevalence of the breast cancer According to GLOBOCAN 2012 data, breast cancer is the second most common cancer worldwide, accounting 11.9% cancer cases globally. An estimated, 1.7 million new cases were diagnosed in 2012. Companies operating in the global TNBC diagnostics market are focusing on the development of the new technologies to increase their market share. Furthermore, companies also adopting the acquisitions and mergers to strengthen their product portfolio and market position.
Geographically, global Triple Negative Breast Cancer Diagnostics market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America Triple Negative Breast Cancer Diagnostics is expected to grow at significant rates owing to lifestyle changes and the rise in the prevalence rates of breast cancer. Furthermore, established healthcare infrastructure and growing awareness related to the early detection of cancer are expected to boost the market growth in North America region. Europe market is projected to grow t high rates owing to the increase in incident rates of breast cancer and advancements in technology of diagnosis. According to the GLOBCON 2008 report by WHO, the incident rates of breast cancer is 89.7 per 100,000 women in Western Europe, which is highest incident rate in the world. Asia Pacific Triple Negative Breast Cancer Diagnostics market is expected to have lucrative growth opportunity due to developing healthcare infrastructure and rise in breast cancer cases. Furthermore, rise in disposable income, growing awareness regarding early detection of breast cancer.
Some of the players in the global Triple Negative Breast Cancer Diagnostics market include:
- Hoffman-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland)
- Abbott Laboratories (U.S)
- Siemens Healthcare Inc. (Germany)
- Thermo Fischer Scientific, Inc. (U.S.)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (U.S)
- Biocept, Inc (U.S.)
- Illumina, Inc., (U.S)
- AstraZeneca plc, (U.K)
- Epigenomics AG (Germany)
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated (U.S.)
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.(U.S.)
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market