Global Tuberculosis Treatment Market
By Class of Drugs (First Line Drugs, Second Line Drugs), By TB (TB, Multi Drug Resistance TB), by route of administration (Oral, Parental), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Others) and Geography -Market Estimation, Dynamics, Regional Share, Trends, Competitor Analysis 2013-2017 and Forecast 2018-2024
Global tuberculosis treatment market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over 2018 to 2024.
Tuberculosis Treatment Market Outline
Tuberculosis is the infectious disease usually caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. TB usually affects lungs and transmits to the direct contact with the sputum of the infected person.
Tuberculosis Treatment Market Dynamics
Increase in the prevalence of the disease especially in developing countries is the major driving factor for the growth of tuberculosis treatment market globally. According to World health organization, there were 10.4 million tuberculosis cases were reported in 2016. In addition, growth in prevalence of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis and rise in awareness related to TB due to the initiatives by the various organization expected to boost the market growth over the forecast period. However, lack of reimbursement coverage in low and middle-income countries and high cost of development of drugs are expected to hamper the market growth over the forecast period.
Tuberculosis Treatment Market Scope
Melanoma treatment market is segmented based on drug class, application, type of TB and region
Based on the class of drugs, the market is segmented into
- First Line Drugs
- Second Line Drugs
Based on TB type, the market is segmented into
- Multi-Drug Resistance TB
Based on the route of administration, the market is segmented into
Based on distribution channel, the market is segmented into
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Based on geography, the market is segmented into
- North America
- Latin America
Tuberculosis Treatment Market Summary
Global tuberculosis treatment market is projected to grow at significant rates owing to increase in prevalence of the immunosuppressant diseases such as HIV around the globe. HIV infected patients are very susceptible to be infected by TB. According to UNAIDS statistics, about 36.7 million people were living with the HIV in 2016. Companies operating in the global tuberculosis treatment market focusing on new product developments and launches to maximize their share in the market. Furthermore, collaborations and acquisitions are also key strategies adopted by the companies to strengthen their position in the global market. For instance, in August 2017, Johnson & Johnson Servieces Inc. has entered into the partnership with Institute of Microbial Technology to accelerate the discovery of novel treatments for tuberculosis.
Tuberculosis Treatment Market Regional Analysis
Geographically, global tuberculosis treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. North America tuberculosis treatment market is expected to grow at significant rates owing to the factors such as growing prevalence of the disease and presence of key market players in the region. Asia Pacific tuberculosis treatment market is expected to have lucrative growth opportunity owing to the low cost of drug development, high prevalence of the disease and comparatively low awareness related to disease especially in under developing countries. Furthermore, developing countries such as India and China expected to project notable growth over the forecast period owing to rising awareness and increase in R&D development.
Tuberculosis Treatment Market Competition Assessment
Some of the players in the global tuberculosis treatment market include:
- Bayer AG (Germany)
- AstraZeneca PLC (U.S.)
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC (U.S.)
- Eli Lilly And Company (U.S.)
- Novartis AG (Switzerland )
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc. (India)
- Sandoz International GmbH (Germany)
- Pfizer Inc. (U.S.)
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (U.S.)
- Sanofi S.A. (France)
Tuberculosis Treatment Market Notable Developments
- In August 2016, Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) has approved to market Mylan Inc.’s anti-TB drug Delamanid in India.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market