Uterine Fibroids Pipeline Drugs
Uterine Fibroids Pipeline Drugs Assessment: Clinical Trails Analysis, Player Profiles, Collaborations, Key Targets, Geographic Focus, and Data Publications, 2018
Uterine fibroids are the most commonly seen non-cancerous tumors of the female reproductive system. The fibroids otherwise called leiomyomas, uterine myomas or fibromas. These are compact tumors which are made up of smooth muscle and fibrous connective tissue that develops in uterus.
Uterine fibroids most commonly found during routinepelvic examination. Smaller fibroids may not found during the normal examination, ultrasound examination may require. And physicians may suggest the diagnostic imaging techniques such as Ultrasound, saline infusion sonography, MRI or compound tomography for the detection of the fibroids in uterus.
Generally, uterine fibroids treatment may include minimally invasive procedures such as hysterectomy, myomectomy and uterine artery embolization. Gonadotropin-releasing hormones are used to lower the levels of estrogen and triggers “medical menopause” and sometimes these hormones shrink the fibroids and make surgical treatment easier. Painkillers may be used to reduce the pain.
Uterine fibroids pipeline drugs are segmented based on route of administration, trial phase,and company
By route of administration, uterine fibroids pipeline drugs are segmented into
By trial phase, uterine fibroids pipeline drugs are segmented into
- Pre-clinical phase
- Phase II
By company, uterine fibroids pipeline drugs are segmented into
- Repros Therapeutics Inc. (U.S.)
- Bayer AG (Germany)
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd (Japan)
- AbbVie Inc. (U.S.)
- KISSEI PHARMACEUTICAL CO.,Ltd. (Japan)
- BioSpecifics Technologies Corporation (U.S.)
- DONGKOOK Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd (Japan)
- Bayer AG expected to start its late-stage clinical trials (phase-3) for novel prostaglandin receptor agonist, vilaprisan for the treatment of woman with uterine fibroids in Feb 2018.
- In October 2017, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited announced that phase-3 clinical trials of its TAK-385, a gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor agonist, met the primary endpoint of infertility to the active control group in the treatment of uterine fibroids in Japan. Furthermore, company is planning to submit results to regulatory authorities in Japan for marketing authorization of relugolix for treatment of uterine fibroids.
Uterine Fibroids Pipeline Drugs Assessment report studies the various therapeutics under clinical development for uterine fibroids treatment along with targets for various drug candidate. The report provides plethora of information pertaining to trail phases, companies involved in the uterine fibroids pipeline drugsdevelopment. This report studies the dynamics of the Uterine Fibroids Pipeline Drugs i.e. drivers, challenges and opportunities which are significantly impacting the product development. The report provides various information pertaining the clinical trials such as designation, grants, patents, and technology among others. Moreover, the report on uterine fibroids pipeline drugs assessment comprehensively presents the geographic location, trial status information along with key players involved in the therapeutics development.
Key Features of the Report:
- Provides the information related to universities and research institutes working in the therapeutics development
- Report comprehensively covers the all active and discontinued studies
- Studies the entire pipeline with special emphasis on companies actively involved in the therapeutics development
- Presents the prominent targets for drug development in each stage of clinical trial
- Provides the in-depth analysis on each drug candidates in the clinical trial phases