Wound Biofilm Therapeutics Market
Global wound biofilm therapeutics market was valued at US $ XX Mn and expected to grow at XX% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over the 2018 to 2024
Market Outline: Global Wound Biofilm Therapeutics Market
Wound biofilm therapeutics are used to combat the wound biofilms that are a type of infection made up of living microorganisms by forming colonies. These are caused by various species such as fungi, bacteria, yeast, algae, and other microorganisms. Biofilm is formed when microbes attached themselves to surface of wounds by secreting gummy substance. Formation of biofilms leads to chronic infection and non-healing wounds. Wound biofilms occurs on the chronic wounds such as diabetic foot ulcers, venous leg ulcers, pressure or decubitus ulcers, and surgical site infections. Most of the Wound Biofilm Therapeutics Market players are focused on the R&D activities for the innovation of newer platforms to cure the wound biofilms. For instance,
- A Washington State University research team successfully used mild current to beat drug-resistant bacterial infection, that may use to treat chronic wounds.
- Soring GmbH developed Ultrasonic-Assisted Wound Debridement (UAW) that uses the cavitation effect. The ultrasonic vibrations of UAW generates the cavitation bubbles in irrigation solution. Strong sonic shock waves or microjets are developed due to implode of cavitation bubbles that disrupts the wound biofilms by removing the devitalized tissue and foreign bodies
- ProclaRx developed a new platform that cure the wound biofilms by binding of antibody to proteins in bacterial biofilms. The ProclaRx biologic pulls the protein out of biofilm matrix leads to causing the matrix fall apart and exposed bacteria can be eradicated. Company developing the antibody used as a topical adjunct in the treatment of secretory otitis media and patients with CVID chronic sinusitis.
- Integrated Healing Technologies’s received FDA 510 (k) clearance for its patented NewEra REVA negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) system that incorporates hypochlorous acid wound wash, OhaseOne that is 80-100 times more effective than Dakin’s Solution and shows in-vitro to disrupt bacterial biofilms
Key Features of the Wound Biofilm Therapeutics Market Report:
- The Wound Biofilm Therapeutics Market report covers exhaustive regional information, that includes North America (The USA and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia & New Zealand, ASEAN (Includes Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Others), South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East and Africa (Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries, Israel, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East and Africa)
- The report provides granular level information about the Wound Biofilm Therapeutics Market size, regional market share, historic market (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2024)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides a plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenari0