Market Outline: Tourette Syndrome Treatment Market
Tourette syndrome is one type of neurological disorder characterized by stereotypic, repetitive involuntary movements known as tics. This syndrome usually affects the people of age between 2 to 15 years. Tourette syndrome 4 times more common in males than females. The patents may experience simple ticks include eye blinking, head jerking, eye darting or nose twitching. Complex ticks include obscene gesturing, hopping, touching or smelling the objects and stepping in a certain pattern.
Market Dynamics: Tourette Syndrome Treatment Market
Global Tourette syndrome market is mainly driven by the growing incidence of the syndrome and efforts of organizations such as WHO, Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in increasing awareness related to the disease. For instance, study conducted by CDC in 2012, about 1, 38000 children were diagnosed with the Tourette syndrome in 2011. In addition, ongoing clinical development stage molecules to treat the Tourette syndrome such as SNC -102, ABX1431 and increase in research funding are expected to boost the market over the forecast period. However, cost of therapy and side effects of drugs are expected to hamper the market growth over the forecast period.
Market Scope: Tourette Syndrome Treatment Market
Tourette’s syndrome market is segmented based on medical treatment and geography
Based on medical treatment, Global market is segmented into
- Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors
- ADHD Drugs
Based on region, GLobal market is segmented into
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Companies in global Tourette syndrome management market are actively involving in the R&D activities in development of new treatment options to treat the syndrome. Furthermore, collaborations and acquisitions also the key strategies adopted by the companies to maximize their market share. For instance, Neurocrine’s INGREZZA is under phase 2 clinical trials for the treatment of Tourette syndrome.
Regional Analysis: Tourette Syndrome Treatment Market
Geographically, global melanoma treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. Europe Tourette syndrome management market is expected to have significant growth rate over the forecast period owing to the rise in incidence of Tourette syndrome and increase in R&D activities in development of drugs for the treatment. North America Tourette syndrome management market is expected to notable share owing to the growing awareness related to disease and companies focus in development of the novel treatment options for the disease. Asia Pacific Tourette syndrome management market projected to have the significant growth rate owing to the improvement in healthcare infrastructure, increase in number of insurance payers and raising awareness, especially in the developing countries such as India and China.
Competition Assessment: Tourette Syndrome Treatment Market
Some of the players in the global melanoma treatment market include:
- Novartis AG (Switzerland)
- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. (U.S.)
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Apotex, Inc. (Canada)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Israel)
- Cadila Healthcare (India)
- Janssen and Janssen Services Inc. (U.S.)
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited. (India)
- Eli Lilly and Company (U.S.)
Notable Market Developments: Tourette Syndrome Treatment Market
- In October 2017, Ingrezza given orphan drug status by U.S. Food and Drug Administration for treatment of Tourette syndrome.
Key Features of the Report:
- The report provides granular level information about the market size, regional market share, historic market (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2026)
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitor’s overview, company share analysis, key market developments, and their key strategies
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, unmet needs, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- The report tracks recent innovations, key developments and startup’s details that are actively working in the market
- The report provides plethora of information about market entry strategies, regulatory framework and reimbursement scenario
- The report analyses the impact of the socio-political environment through PESTLE Analysis and competition through Porter’s Five Force Analysis in addition to recent technology advancements and innovations in the market